Submissions are closed for the summer. Check back In the fall for info on submitting for the next edition!
General Guidelines and Information
- There is no submission fee!
- Do not submit written work in a PDF.
- Please erase any mention of your name/other identifying information from your work before submitting.
- Your name will be added to your work during the publication process, but in order to keep judgement anonymous and unbiased, we cannot have any names present on the work while it is being judged.
- All students are allowed five submissions.
- Submit all pieces exactly as you expect the judges to review them.
- In other words, don’t expect anyone to edit your work; it is up to you to do that before submitting. If you need help with editing poetry or prose, visit the Writing Center on campus.
- All work is to be submitted electronically.
- All accepted music and film submissions will be published on the Cellar Roots website and/or YouTube. However, selected frames from film submissions and lyrics can be incorporated into the hard-copy magazine.
- Work containing disturbing or graphic content should be tagged with a warning.
- Examples include: Extreme violence, sexual themes, rape/non-con, intense gore, self-harm, etc.